Putting the Pieces in Place to Out-Brand, Out-Market, and Stand Out in a Geographic Farm
by Julie Escobar
The savvy agents? Are out there in their neighborhoods, and in their communities and in this powerful age of information. Top agents are presenting themselves as the resource they know can and will make a difference in terms of how they make decisions for their families.
So, how do you brand yourself as that resource?
1. Consistency & Content. Farming a geographical area is a time-tested, proven method for garnering new listings and referrals. Yet for many agents, the what (what to send, say, create), the when (how often) and the cost (that one speaks for itself) has stopped them from farming consistently. Maybe a mailing here or there, but nothing that will truly help them become a brand name in a market area.
That’s why we created the Market DominatorSM. We’ve got the ‘what’ and ‘when’ buttoned up for you. Each month we have two powerful, consumer-centric articles on the front, bright, eye-catching info-graphics, engaging direct response offers, free reports that can be used as fair trade items, fun conversation starters, and a timely agent message. On the back, we have content-rich articles and ideas that consumers love to share. All of this in an attention-grabbing 12 x 15 poster that is delivered to EVERY home in the farm area, EVERY month, via the cost-saving Every Door Direct service from the USPS.
2. Get out of stealth mode. We recently viewed a video from a powerhouse agent and coach who challenged her coaching members and agents worldwide to get out from behind their computers and out – front and center in the communities they are services. Social media is an amazing place to speak one-to-many, and develop powerful agent-to-agent referrals and connect with your sphere — but nothing — NOTHING will ever take place of meeting and greeting the folks in the neighborhoods you serve.
Our Dominator customers know that owning a market is like peeling an onion – there are many, many layers to it. Door knocking, canvassing, Q&A sessions at your local market, coffee shop, or library, open houses, charity drives, school sponsorship participation — all of it helps consumers put your face with your name, your name with your business, and helps brand you as THE community resource they can turn to get information.
3. Beef up your collateral (and sell yourself). What do consumers also want to know about the agents they will choose to help them with one of the biggest financial transactions of their lives? Your RESULTS. Fire up those Just Listed and Just Sold postcards – share statistics and testimonials, showcase what makes you unique and how that benefits THEM. Use door hangers, and free reports to extend your reach, and the extra Dominators that are sent to you to show potential sellers how you are going the extra mile to ensure that every home you list is sold as quickly as possible and for the highest price available.
In the WIIFM (What’s In It For Me) Channel that folks are tuned into every day – they want to see these two things: RESOURCES & RESULTS.
National speaker and coach Todd Robertson shared this thought, “As the market heats up the great agents in the country and those on their way to becoming great are very focused on three things:
- Qualifying people stronger than ever before
- Separating themselves from competition
- Having a consistent campaign in place to farm and create passive income for years to come. This is simple. Yet not always easy. Simple because most of your competition will not commit to an area for any real length of time. Simple because we have seen the results of at least 10 percent market share first year. 20 plus percent the second year.
The truth is that it’s not always easy because you have to believe in yourself. Believe in your selling skills and most importantly believe that you deserve to be wildly successful. It all starts there.”
Most agents? Won’t commit to geographic farming. “It takes too long.” “It costs too much.” The two biggest ‘reasons’ for not jumping in. That’s good news for the agents that do. It means that they fall into that 93/7 rule. They will be the 7% of agents ruling their markets while the other 93% continue ‘one-and-done’ marketing or worse, no marketing, just chasing the next deal. Chasing the next commission is not a fun way to earn a living or live. Our industry is a treasure trove of opportunity.
It’s one of the few where you have zero caps on how much you can earn or how far you can go regardless of gender, race, religion, geography, history – anything. It does take a little planning, a little courage, a little consistency, a little skill building, a little stick-to-it attitude, and the right tools.
This month commit to being part of that 7%. Fire your business up on all cylinders. Work your sphere, your farm, and your niche – each month — EVERY month. The results? A career and life that IS fun, exciting, rewarding, and anything you want it to be.
Questions about how to DOMINATE in your market? Call Todd Robertson at 702-683-1967 or email us today.
Visit us online at www.prospectsplus.com or give us a call today at 866.405.3638.