You’ll Need a Few Tools of the Trade
By Julie Escobar
This month’s Master Marketing Schedule Tip is perfect for those of you who are looking for a new niche to jump into. Our recommendation is to start planting the seeds for potential move up market clients. With markets continuing to rebound and our economy getting stronger, many families are once again considering moving up to the next size home. If you’re the agent staying top of mind with the right marketing materials, you could easily position yourself as the turn to agent.
So how do you get started?
- Locate a neighborhood with a large number of first-time or entry-level homeowners or choose the county in which you’d like to establish your niche.
- Gather data and listings for larger homes in neighborhoods with prices $50,000 to $100,000 higher than your targeted group.
- Do your homework. Know as much about those new neighborhoods as possible including school ratings, local business information, etc.
- Download our Free Report: 6 Move Up Mistakes Home Buyers Make to use as collateral, and a fair trade offer.
- Start sending our series of three Move Up Market postcards once a month to homeowners in your targeted area.
- Mailing list options. If searching by a specific neighborhood, you can use our radial search by street address function. Or simply choose your state, county, and then the Move Up Market option tosearch your market.
- Start following up! Canvass the area with your free report and even door hangers.
- You may also want to order a stack of our Need More Room postcards from our Life Event series and see if area pediatricians and obstetricians will let you put them in their waiting rooms. Baby superstores and boutiques are another great place to advertise. Growing families are often in the market for bigger homes.
We love when agents get creative about how they market themselves and aren’t afraid to go a little outside the box. Just remember, when working with move up market buyers, be prepared to help them best understand how to juggle financing and timing – especially if they have to sell their current home first. Have fun with this niche!
Need more great marketing ideas? Visit our Master Marketing Schedule today. It’s filled with new, innovative and outside the box ideas each and every month! Need help? Our marketing team is top of the line at 866.405.3638 and ready to answer your questions or help you create the marketing piece that’s perfect for your market.