It takes more than a statement on your website or business card to truly be considered a neighborhood expert.
There are many agents using this title as a marketing tool, while not doing the necessary work to make the title a reality.
Let’s consider some ways to prove to potential clients that you are what you say you are.
1. Prove it in your marketing materials
True neighborhood experts, by and large, market to farm areas.
Whether that is a condo community, a specific zip code, or by subdivision, focusing on a smaller pool of homeowners is a brilliant way to become known as the expert in a community.
The best way to reach these homeowners or tenants or whomever you are targeting is via direct mail. It’s quick, it’s inexpensive and it works.
Geographic Farm marketing
Here’s an idea of what to send to your chosen neighborhood: the Get More Listings postcard campaign.
Be sure to include on the back of the postcards an offer for a free “local market stats” report, that details home listings and sales in that area.
It shows them that you know your stuff and are on top of what’s happening in their area.
And, when homeowners reach out for this report, ensure that your explanation is in plain English. Unless you explain the meaning, avoid insider jargon, such as:
- “absorption rate”
- “months’ supply of real estate inventory” (what does months’ supply and “inventory” mean?),
- “the median price range” (explain median vs. average)
- “time on market” or “days on market” (why is this important to the average homeowner thinking of selling?)
We found lots of other examples online of what to AVOID in your Market Stats or CMA reports, such as:
“During this quarter, sales dollar volume increased year over year by 3% to $599,080,374. New listings rose 22% to 2,820, active listings increased 21% to 5,840 and pending sales increased 11% to 2,452. Monthly housing inventory increased by 0.4 months to 2.3 months.”
“Sales dollar volume” is meaningless to a homeowner. We would reword the paragraph to read more like a narrative than a dry list of statistics:
During this quarter, 22 percent more homeowners put their homes on the market here in Any town than in October. As quickly as they’re listed, however, buyers snap them up. One indication of that is the increase in pending sales, which were up 11 percent more than pending sales during the previous quarter of 2021.”
Since potential home sellers are your primary audience when farming, leave out the increase in inventory unless it’s significant (0.4 months isn’t). And, if you must express inventory in “months,” do the readers a solid and explain what that means.
Additional effective farming pieces include:
- Just listed and just sold postcards (even if you haven’t sold or listed the property, if the agent in question has chosen not to announce this news, use their loss as your gain and send these postcards out).
- A Just Sold Follow Up Campaign
- The Market Dominator, an automated mega-newsletter that’s sent to an exclusive carrier route monthly through the use of EDDM.
2. Prove your neighborhood expertise on your website
Your website provides the ideal platform to strut your neighborhood expertise. Start by ensuring it’s localized.
So many agents pay the big bucks for a professional website and fail to remove or change the template text that comes with it.
Add your market area everywhere possible, starting with the above-the-fold area on your home page. Don’t make visitors wonder where on earth you sell real estate.
Create a neighborhoods section on your site and fill it with valuable, hyper-local content. In-depth neighborhood descriptions, quotes from folks who live in the neighborhood about why they love it, links to listings, and lots of photos are the bare necessities for neighborhood pages.
Finally, if you don’t have a blog, start one. It’s the ideal place to post local content and, if promoted across your social media platforms, it will help drive traffic back to your site.
3. Prove it in person
Get your face known around your chosen neighborhood(s). There are many ways to accomplish creating visibility. Here are a few:
- Hold home seller seminars in the area.
- Join the PTA.
- Sponsor a community sports team and, in exchange, ask that your banner be displayed at games. And, do attend the games.
- Join the neighborhood YMCA or gym.
- Attend the HOA meetings.
- Host a monthly coffee-and-pastry or happy hour event at the neighborhood café or watering hole.
- Patronize neighborhood merchants and introduce yourself. Become a repeat customer.
Your aim is for people to think that they see you everywhere they go. Talk to folks, hand out your business card.
If you are truly the neighborhood expert, you need to prove it. It’s a brilliant way to stand out among the pretenders.
Ready to prove You’re the REAL DEAL When it Comes to Neighborhood Expertise?
Get Started by Creating Your Geographic Farm Prospects List While They’re on Sale 15% 0ff!
Why Build Your Geographic Farm List Now?
Because You Want The Following Things to Happen in 2022?
- Strategic focus – Centralized sales in one area. No more driving across town for a listing.
To become a neighborhood expert – You’re committed to a specific neighborhood where you will become known as the expert.
- Increased growth – You’re building toward the future instead of “just getting by” working on whatever comes your way.
- A branded business – You’re branding yourself and your business within a community and building relationships over time with the people who live there.
- Increased demand for your service – Sellers and buyers want to work with real estate agents who are experts in the community where they are buying and selling, and that’s YOU.
Build a geographic farm list (from a desktop or laptop computer) using the MapMyMail tool.
Hit the “CLICK HERE” link, below (from a desktop or laptop computer) and choose the MapMyMail listing building tool.
USE PROMO CODE: FARM15 to get 15% off of your geographic farm list.
For Help Creating Your Geographic Farm List, Watch This Video Below.
This sale expires on 12/25/21. Please reach out to our support team at 866.405.3638 with questions or if there is anything we can do to help you with your success.
PLUS: When you have time…below are some helpful tools to support your success.
1. The Free 12 Month Done-For-You Strategic Marketing Plan
The Real Estate Marketing Planner is a powerful 12-Month-Guide that strategically defines what marketing to do when. Four key market segments are included, niche Markets, geographic farming, sphere of influence, and past clients. – Click Here
2. The Free Interactive Real Estate Business Plan
The Free Interactive Real Estate Business Plan allows you to enter your business goals for this year and get a breakdown of how many prospects, listings, closing, and so on are needed to reach your goals. – Click Here
3. The Automated Way to Become a Neighborhood Brand
Become branded in a specific neighborhood with a 12X15 marketing piece sent automatically each month to an exclusive carrier route. Watch this video to learn more or Click Here.
4. The Free Real Estate Mailing List Guide
The Real Estate Mailing List Guide outlines the top tools for generating targeted prospecting lists including Baby Boomers, Empty Nesters, Investors, Lifestyle Interests, High-Income Renters, Move-Up Markets, and more. The Guide also defines done-for-you marketing campaigns to match these markets. –Click Here
5. The Become a Listing Legend Free eBook
Ready to take a vertical leap in your real estate career? If you’re looking for inspiration…and the tools and methods to dominate a market and go to the top in real estate…you’ll find them in this free book. – Click Here
6. The Free Online ROI Calculator
Consistency and automation are the keys to success. Discover how effective direct mail marketing can dramatically increase your bottom line. Enter your statistics in our Free online ROI Calculator and click the ‘CALCULATE MY ROI’ button to see your results instantly! –Click Here
7. The Free Real Estate Marketing Guide “CRUSH IT”
The “Crush It” Guide includes easy steps to launching an effective direct mail marketing campaign, how to create a targeted prospect list, the perfect way to layout marketing materials for success, seven opportunities available to target in your area right now. –Click Here
While you’re online scheduling your Holiday postcards to go out, consider launching an annual Holiday scheduled campaign.