Think back to the Great Recession. “Banks seized more than 1 million homes in 2010,” compared to 100,000 in 2005, according to the staff at theweek.com.
Mysteriously, almost overnight, scores of real estate agents across the country became “short sale experts,” promising underwater homeowners that they could help them avoid foreclosure.
Today, we have “neighborhood experts.”
Many of these agents, however, pay lip service to the title. After all, it sounds like a good thing to say—everyone else is doing it—so they slap the phrase on their websites, hoping it’ll give them cred.
It doesn’t. Within two minutes of speaking with them, real estate consumers figure out that it’s all smoke and mirrors.
If you’re going to talk the talk you need to walk the walk. Trust us, it’ll impress even the most skeptical homebuyer or seller.
How to walk the walk
Like many of us, real estate consumers have become suspicious of common marketing practices and expect proof that we aren’t merely paying lip service to a slogan.
So, be prepared to commit yourself to yours in a substantial way:
- Tour all new listings in your chosen neighborhood. This way, if asked, you’ll be able to answer, immediately, instead of having to look up the information in the MLS. Impressive.
- Keep an eye on what city officials may be proposing for the area in which you specialize. Being able to share this info, off the top of your head, will be impressive.
- Join the Next Door pages of your neighborhood. Become the resource for information about everything from the area’s recreational amenities to who to call to fix a broken window.
- Consider holding an annual event for the entire neighborhood. One agent we know gives away pumpkins near Halloween, another holds an annual crab feed and, yet another, has a wreath decorating party at Christmas.
- Publish local information such as a relocation guide or area resource guide.
Get the word out that you’re their neighborhood real estate expert
The best way to get the word out to the neighbors about your expertise is with direct mail. Provided the area you’ve chosen isn’t too large, it’s cheap and it’s quick.
Then, keep the campaign ongoing to ensure that your name remains top-of-mind when it comes time for one of them to buy or sell real estate.
What to send? The tried and true, of course:
- The mega-sized Market Dominator newsletter
- Just sold and just listed postcards
- Market reports
Ensure whatever you send is branded and includes your website’s URL to help generate traffic so they can learn even more about why YOU are the neighborhood expert.
The bottom line? Build your image and reputation by becoming so closely woven into the neighborhood that you become part of its fabric.
Ready to go after Baby Boomers in your area market? Right now, you can get 100 contacts on a Baby Boomer Prospect list for FREE!
HOW TO FIND BABY BOOMER PROSPECTS IN YOUR AREA.
Hit “CLICK HERE”, below (from a desktop or laptop computer) and choose the Demographic Search Tool.
USE PROMO CODE: BOOM100 to get the first 100 prospects free.
5 Reasons to Go After Baby Boomers RIGHT NOW –
- Two sales in one (downsizing & selling one home then buying another smaller home)
- Baby boomers make up nearly half the seller’s market
- They’re seasoned buyers/sellers. They’ve sold homes before and understand the process.
- They know what they want. Making for an easier transaction.
- They have a higher amount of equity in their home than most sellers, meaning more money to spend on a new home.
This sale expires on 12/11/21. Please reach out to our support team at 866.405.3638 with questions or if there is anything we can do to help you with your success.
PLUS: When you have time…below are some helpful tools to support your success.
1. The Free 12 Month Done-For-You Strategic Marketing Plan
The Real Estate Marketing Planner is a powerful 12-Month-Guide that strategically defines what marketing to do when. Four key market segments are included, niche Markets, geographic farming, sphere of influence, and past clients. – Click Here
2. The Free Interactive Real Estate Business Plan
The Free Interactive Real Estate Business Plan allows you to enter your business goals for this year and get a breakdown of how many prospects, listings, closing, and so on are needed to reach your goals. – Click Here
3. The Automated Way to Become a Neighborhood Brand
Become branded in a specific neighborhood with a 12X15 marketing piece sent automatically each month to an exclusive carrier route. Watch this video to learn more or Click Here.
4. The Free Real Estate Mailing List Guide
The Real Estate Mailing List Guide outlines the top tools for generating targeted prospecting lists including Baby Boomers, Empty Nesters, Investors, Lifestyle Interests, High-Income Renters, Move-Up Markets, and more. The Guide also defines done-for-you marketing campaigns to match these markets. –Click Here
5. The Become a Listing Legend Free eBook
Ready to take a vertical leap in your real estate career? If you’re looking for inspiration…and the tools and methods to dominate a market and go to the top in real estate…you’ll find them in this free book. – Click Here
6. The Free Online ROI Calculator
Consistency and automation are the keys to success. Discover how effective direct mail marketing can dramatically increase your bottom line. Enter your statistics in our Free online ROI Calculator and click the ‘CALCULATE MY ROI’ button to see your results instantly! –Click Here
7. The Free Real Estate Marketing Guide “CRUSH IT”
The “Crush It” Guide includes easy steps to launching an effective direct mail marketing campaign, how to create a targeted prospect list, the perfect way to layout marketing materials for success, seven opportunities available to target in your area right now. –Click Here
While you’re online scheduling your Holiday postcards to go out, consider launching an annual Holiday scheduled campaign.