3 Steps to Showing Up & Creating a Connection
By Julie Escobar
Raise your hand if you’ve ever sent a marketing mailing to a list of folks that don’t know you yet and got discouraged when you didn’t get a call. It’s frustrating for sure, but it is also one of the biggest marketing mistakes an agent can make. One and done has never been a recipe for success and in today’s world of over media saturation, it is certainly not the time to re-test that theory. Bottom line? Branding takes TIME. Repetition. Consistency. And follow up.
That’s the heart of farming, and just like traditional farming, the success goes to those who systematically plant the seeds, cultivate the crops and later reap what they have sown. Then repeat the process for as long as they want to continue to effectively farm. For agents the process is much the same.
Step One: Stake your claim. Start with a plot or a geographic neighborhood area that is…
- Starting to see turnover
- Has a high homeowner vs renter ratio
- Does not have another agent already dominating market share
- Has a price point that makes sense for your area
Step Two: Plant the seeds. For effective geo-farming, your monthly marketing should…
- Capture people’s interest
- Offers valuable content and fair trade items
- Present you as the neighborhood specialist and real estate expert
- Showcase your consistency and professionalism
Three of the most popular tools that many customers use to do this effectively are our:
- Market Dominator System (Done for you content, 12×16 size, Every Door Direct Mail)
- Neighborhood Update/Free Offer Series (Combines market stats and a fair trade offer)
- Listing Inventory Series (Prompts action based on market conditions)
Step Three: Follow up. The best agents aren’t leaving anything to chance. They know that just as their marketing tools are the ‘seeds’ for market share success, they must also cultivate that farm with personalized attention. Here are some great examples of cultivation activities:
- Walk your farm area with powerful collateral material. Our Market Dominator customers use their extra 20 Dominators. You can also use Free Reports or offer to do a Free Comparative Market Analysis.
- Set up a meet-and-greet either at the local community center, library or even coffee shop to let neighbors in that area know you are there with answers to their questions.
- Use a gentle approach. Instead of the “have you thought about selling your house” as your opening line, just introduce yourself. Let people know you’re in the area. Explain that during this changing time, a lot of people have questions and you just wanted to let folks know how they can find the answer when they need them.
- Invite to an open house. Once you get a listing, be aggressive about hosting open houses in that neighborhood and inviting all the neighbors in.
- Have some fun connecting! Bookmark our Master Marketing Schedule today and see all the fun and creative ways you can make a GREAT impression on the folks in your marketplace and have a great time doing it.
Once you’ve done all three, start over again. Branding and earning market share is much more of a long game – a marathon rather than a spring. But in the end, you’ll reap what you sow. Keep consistent. Talk to people. Make your face and name they think of when the idea of real estate pops into their head. That way? You are positioned perfectly as the one to call when they are ready to buy or sell or know of someone who is.
When should you start? The sooner you do, the sooner you’ll start seeing results. Plant those seeds. We can help. Call our team at 866.405.3638 today or head over to www.prospectsplus.com and get started!