Welcome to your month-to-month guide to strategic marketing! Please bookmark this page for easy access and quick reference! And if you need help – don’t hesitate to call our marketing team at 866.405.3638! We’re happy to help you find the marketing campaign or tools you need to succeed in today’s competitive market!
To download the Master Marketing Schedule to your Google, Apple or Outlook Calendar – click on the calendar icon that best works for you:
2nd: Send the Waiting Could Cost You postcard from the Market Quote Series to at least 100 new prospects in an area where you want more listings. Send to your list or ours!
7th: Send the Kiss Your Landlord Goodbye postcard from the First-Time Homebuyer/Renter Series to at least 100 renters in your area. Need a list? Call us; we can help!
16th: Send this month’s Market Dominator System to selected carrier routes to get your 20% market share.
21st: Send the Hello Autumn postcard from the Holiday Series to your sphere of influence.
30th: Add some skill building to your summer reading list! Download 21 Ways to Get Your Listings Priced Right Despite the Seller’s Best Objections today at prospectsplus.com/21Ways.
- National Golf Month
- National Picnic Month
- Family Fun Month
TIP OF THE MONTH: Build your collateral collection. Choose four or five of your favorite Content Cards, and have 25 of each shipped to you. These are perfect to tuck into a pre-listing package, to offer at an open house or to have when hosting a local real estate event.
Fun Days and Ways to Connect:
- 2 – National Ice Cream Sandwich Day. Love these tasty treats! Deliver some to a client!
- 3 – National Watermelon Day.Head to your local produce stand, buy six melons, and drop off for six favorite clients to enjoy!
- 4 – Coast Guard Day.If you have a local branch of the Coast Guard near you, call the family services representative, and let him or her know that you’re honored to work with our military members and that there are special mortgage programs designed just for them. Offer to host a free workshop for their service members and families – then make it happen!
- 10 – National S’mores Day.Mmmm… love a good s’more! Too hot for a campfire? Make them in the microwave! Stack one graham cracker, one piece of chocolate bar and one marshmallow, and microwave for 10 seconds (fun to watch). Top with a second graham cracker. Feeling adventurous? Swap the chocolate bar for mini Reese’s cups. Enjoy!
- 14 – National Creamsicle Day. Share the kid-like feeling of enjoying a creamsicle with at least three clients. Grab a few boxes of these tasty treats, and make yourself the “ice cream man (or woman)” for the day! Share in your neighborhood farm area; add a box of Popsicles and a big cooler (and maybe some dry ice), and you’ll be a hit!
- 18 – Bad Poetry Day.Have some fun at the office with this one today. Find some of your favorite bad limericks (keep them clean!), and share with your team!
- 19 – Aviation Day. Order cardboard or paper airplanes from com,and pass them out to your farm area with a note that reads, “Buying and selling real estate takes an experienced pilot. I can help ensure you have a terrific landing. Call me today!”
- 20 – National Radio Day. Stop by or contact your local radio stations, and let them know you’d love to do an on-air Q&A about the difference between “national” and “local” markets and ensure their listeners know the facts about local real estate. Let’s start setting some misconceptions aside – and get yourself some great exposure while you’re at it!
- 21 – Senior Citizens Day. Grab a few people (coworkers, teenagers, kids), and take a trip to your local nursing home to brighten some days. Tell some stories (and listen to a few, too; they’ve got a lot to teach us), play some games, take some time, and come away feeling like you’ve made someone smile. That’s worth a million!
- 26 – National Dog Day. Got a pooch? Head to your local grocer, and ask that nice guy behind the meat counter for a big ol’ bone for your furry friend. Fido will love you for it! And if you have any special clients who are “dog people,” take them a box of dog bones for their “best friend;” believe me, your stock will go sky high!
- 31 – National Trail Mix Day.Grab a few bags of these tasty treats, and pass them out or mail to your clients with a note that reads, “Real estate will always be ‘happy trails’ with me as your guide! Got questions? I’ve got answers! Call me today!”
4th: Send the Best Advice postcard from the Market Quote Series to at least 100 new prospects in an area where you want more listings. Send to your list or ours!
13th: Send the Still Renting postcard from the First-Time Homebuyer/Renter Series to at least 100 renters in your area. Need a list? Call us; we can help!
18th: Send this month’s Market Dominator System to selected carrier routes to get your 20% market share.
27th: Send Halloween postcards from the holiday series to your sphere of influence.
- Labor Day (4th)
- Grandparents Day (10th)
- Patriot Day (11th)
- Rosh Hashanah (20th)
- First Day of Autumn (22nd)
- Yom Kippur (29th)
- Baby Safety Month
- Hispanic Heritage Month
TIP OF THE MONTH: The weather is cooling down, and the market is heating up! Door hangers are a time-tested tool to help you get noticed, meet the folks in the geographic farm you’re working and market yourself and your listings. Learn three powerful ways to use them at blog.prospectsplus.com/door-hangers.
Fun Days and Ways to Connect:
- 5 – National Cheese Pizza Day. Order pizza for four of your favorite clients, or send a pizza gift card with a note that reads, “Happy Cheese Pizza Day from your favorite neighborhood specialist! If you need any piping hot real estate ideas, give me a call!”
- 8 – International Literacy Day. Host a neighborhood book drive in your farm area. Donate the books to a local library, children’s home or inner-city school. Books open minds, and open minds open doors for a lifetime!
- 12 – National Chocolate Milkshake Day.Make it a Milkshake Tuesday! If you’re doing any corporate marketing, consider bringing a milkshake surprise to the “gatekeepers” or executive administrators at six of the corporate offices you’re prospecting!
- 13– Fortune Cookie Day. You can have fortune cookies custom made with your message inside at com. What a great treat and way to share your good fortune with your sphere or farm. Think outside the box!
- 13 – National Peanut Day. Head to your local warehouse club, and buy a big box of individual packets of peanuts. Attach a note to each packet that reads, “I’m nuts about great clients like you! Call me with all of your real estate questions or needs!” Sometimes just doing something funny and different on a random workday can make you memorable for years to come!
- 16 – Working Parents Day.Celebrate your successes. Juggling kids and careers has its challenges! Get a few fellow working parents together for a cookout or celebration, and share fun memories and fresh ideas!
- 18 – National Cheeseburger Day. Invite four to six clients or friends (or both!) over for a cheeseburger cookout. Spice it up by trying some new recipes! Pepper jack? Blue cheese? What do you like on YOUR burger?
- 19 – National Butterscotch Pudding Day.If you’ve never tried butterscotch pudding, today is the day to see what all the fuss is about. You can find a great recipe for this tasty treat, whose main ingredients are brown sugar and butter, here.
- 21 – World Gratitude Day. The PERFECT reason to contact at least 20 people in your sphere. Call your client base, and let them know that you’re grateful for them on this very special day… and remind them that you’re always just a phone call away!
- 26 – Johnny Appleseed Day.Grab some apples to share with clients and colleagues today. (Planting seeds doesn’t always involve gardening; sometimes it just means connecting with people. Ol’ Johnny would have liked that!)
- 28 – National Good Neighbor Day.This is the perfect opportunity to walk your neighborhood farm. Bring some apples (aka Johnny), celebrate good neighbors, and introduce yourself as the neighborhood specialist!
2nd: Send the Less Stress postcard from the Market Quote Series to at least 100 new prospects in an area where you want more listings. Send to your list or ours!
11th: Send the Financial Future postcard from the First-Time Homebuyer/Renter Series to at least 100 renters in your area. Need a list? Call us; we can help
16th: Send the done-for-you Market Dominator System to selected carrier routes to get your 20% market share.
25th: Send Thanksgiving postcards to your sphere of influence.
- Columbus Day (10th)
- Boss’s Day (16th)
- Halloween (31st)
- Cancer Awareness Month
TIP OF THE MONTH: Start planting the seeds for potential move-up market clients. Locate a neighborhood with a large number of first-time or entry-level homeowners, and send Move Up postcards for the next three months. Gather data and listings for larger homes in neighborhoods with prices $50,000 to $150,000 higher than your targeted group. Follow up.
Fun Days and Ways to Connect:
- 4 – National Golf Day. Invite a few of your top clients out for a round of golf today. It’s a great opportunity to network, share ideas, show your appreciation and maybe even pick up a referral or two!
- 5 – World Teachers’ Day.Teachers are some of the hardest-working folks around. Stop by your neighborhood school with a nice treat for the teachers with a note attached that reads, “From your friendly neighborhood REALTOR® on World Teachers’ Day – THANKS for all you do! Teachers RULE!” Add your contact information, of course!
- 6 – Physician Assistant Day.Recognize the PA’s in your area today by stopping in to five local physician groups and leaving a muffin or apple or small token for them with a nice note that reads, “Thank you for all you do to keep our community healthy! If you ever need a prescription for a real estate problem, I’m happy to help!”
- 11 – Emergency Nurses Day. Head down to your local ER with a basket of muffins and a handful of cards, and show a little extra appreciation for the ER nurses in your market! Nurses are a terrific source for referrals!
- 14 – National Dessert Day.Stop at your local bakery, and pick up some sweet treats for three clients. While you’re at it, don’t forget the support staff in the office! Wish them a great day, and offer a big thank you as well!
- 16 – Dictionary Day.A great day to find a great word! Our pick? per·se·ver·ance [pur-suh-veer-uhns] noun 1. Steady persistence in a course of action, a purpose, a state, etc., especially in spite of difficulties, obstacles or discouragement. Challenge your team members to choose THEIR favorite word.
- 22 – National Nut Day. Head to your local warehouse club, and buy a big box of packaged nuts. Attach a label to each one that reads, “I’m NUTS about being your local real estate specialist!” Include your contact info, and either walk your farm area yourself, or hire a college kid to make the rounds and deliver for you!
- 25 – World Pasta Day. Who among us can’t TOTALLY get behind this day! Pasta is one of the world’s most favorite foods. Did you know that there are more than 600 pasta shapes? Try one of our favorite pasta recipes here.
- 27 – Navy Day. Honor the Navy service men and women in your sphere or farm today by delivering flags to the homes of those you know are either active duty or retired. You also can visit the VA Hospital in your area, and spend some time with veterans who could use a friendly face and a listening ear.
6th: Send the More Buyers postcard from the Market Quote Series to at least 100 new prospects in an area where you want more listings. Send to your list or ours!
15th: Send the Perfect Timing postcard from the First-Time Homebuyer/Renter Series to at least 100 renters in your area. Need a list? Call us; we can help!
20th: Send the done-for-you Market Dominator System to selected carrier routes to get your 20% market share.
22nd: Send Christmas or Happy Holidays postcards to your sphere of influence.
- Daylight Saving Time Ends (5th)
- Election Day (7th)
- Veteran’s Day (11th)
- Thanksgiving (23rd)
- American Indian Heritage Month
TIP OF THE MONTH: Help us help St. Jude’s kids! We’re raising $50,000 with our Year of the Kids campaign. Won’t you join us? Visit blog.prospectsplus.com/st-jude.
Fun Days and Ways to Connect:
- 2 – National Deviled Eggs Day. A great day to celebrate this all-time favorite party food. Whip up a few batches, and deliver them to five or six of your favorite clients with a note attached that reads, “Thanks for being an eggs-tra special client. I’m here when you need me!”
- 3 – Sandwich Day. Head over to your local Subway, deli or sandwich shop, and pick up five gift cards for five favorite referral clients. Deliver them with a thank you card.
- 6 – Saxophone Day. Who doesn’t love the soothingly smooth sounds of a good sax? This classical woodwind instrument – invented around 1840 by Adolphe Sax, is an essential in jazz bands, symphonic bands, marching bands and more.
- 10 – Forget-Me-Not Day.Traditionally a day to remember people in your life whom you haven’t been in touch with for a while. Perfect for those of you who haven’t touched base with your sphere or farm in a while. Call 10 past clients today just to say hi. Ask if there’s anything they need. (It might just be worth a referral or three!)
- 10 – USMC Day. God bless our military men and women! Honor the Marines in your life and in your sphere or farm today with a special card, or even just a call thanking them for their service.
- 12 – Chicken Soup for the Soul Day. Pick up a copy of your favorite Chicken Soup book (or a few pints of ACTUAL chicken soup from your local restaurant or deli), and deliver to five top clients with a note that reads, “Thanks for being part of my recipe for success! Enjoy!”
- 13 – Sadie Hawkins Day. It’s the girls’ turn to ask the boys out! Have fun, ladies!
- 13 – World Kindness Day. We can’t have enough of this in today’s world, now can we? Practice and promote random acts of kindness today. Check out this site for some fantastic ideas!
- 17 – World Peace Day.If ever there was a time when we need to find more peace and less hatred in the world, it’s now.
- 20 – Beautiful Day. Today, like every day, is a beautiful day! In a world filled with so much ugliness, push the unsightly aside, and bask in the beautiful sights, sounds and smells that surround us all.
- 21 – World Hello Day. The objective of this day is to promote world peace by saying hello to at least 10 people. I think we can all find a way to do that, can’t we?
- 23 – National Cashew Day. Head to your local warehouse club, and pick up a big box of cashew packets. Attach a note to each one that reads, “I’m NUTS about helping people with their real estate questions or needs!” Include your contact information, or even add a QR code! Send to your sphere, or walk your farm for a fun day of meet and greet! You’ll be surprised at how well people respond!
- 28 – French Toast Day. A great day to take your electric griddle to the office and surprise your coworkers by cooking up some French Toast for breakfast.
4th: Send the Professionals Net More postcard from the Market Quote Series to at least 100 new prospects in an area where you want more listings. Send to your list or ours!
13th: Send Calendar postcards to your sphere of influence.
18th: Send the done-for-you Market Dominator System to selected carrier routes to get your 20% market share.
27th: Send the Timing is Everything postcard from the First-Time Homebuyer/Renter Series to at least 100 renters in your area. Need a list? Call us; we can help!
- Pearl Harbor Day (7th)
- Hanukkah Begins (12th)
- First Day of Winter (21st)
- Christmas Day (25th)
- New Year’s Eve (31st)
- Impaired Driving Prevention Month
- Human Rights Month
TIP OF THE MONTH: Start the new year strong, and be on your way to gaining a 20% market share in the neighborhood of your choice by sending the Every Door Direct 12 x 15 Market Dominator System starting today! Call us at 866.405.3638 to learn more!
Fun Days and Ways to Connect:
- 3 – National Roof over Your Head Day. Well this is a perfect one for the real estate profession! Share with your sphere on Facebook, and celebrate the roof over your head!
- 4 – Santa’s List Day. Have you been naughty or nice? Get your list together, and put your holiday hats on!
- 5 – Repeal Day. Today celebrates the end of the 21st Amendment and Prohibition. There’s a fun fact to share with your friends and family and on social media! Cheers!
- 7 – Letter Writing Day.When was the last time you wrote a good, old fashioned LETTER? Pick five clients, and send a personal greeting letting them know how very much you appreciate them! (Oh, and send a note to your mom and dad too, if you’re fortunate enough to still have them in your life! They’ll LOVE it!)
- 7 – Pearl Harbor Day. Clickhere to gather all kinds of information on this infamous day in history!
- 9 – Christmas Card Day. Don’t feel like addressing and stamping your cards this year? Send our fun and beautifully designed postcards in minutes – and check this one off your holiday to-do list! Click here to view our postcards.
- 9 – National Pastry Day. Stop by your local bakery, pick up some sweet pastry treats for five of your favorite clients, and deliver with a note thanking them for trusting you with their business!
- 12 – Poinsettia Day. Poinsettias are plentiful now. Pick up 10 small ones, and deliver to 10 of your best clients with a holiday note and an attitude of gratitude!
- 13 – Ice Cream Day.Head to your local ice cream shop, and pick up gift cards for five great customers. Send them out, or hand-deliver with a note that reads, “Thank you for being such a COOL customer! Happy Ice Cream Day!”
- 15 – Bill of Rights Day. Learn more about the Bill of Rightshere!
- 20 – Go Caroling Day.Invite some friends and neighbors to go caroling – or get a group from the office together, and carol in each other’s farm neighborhoods as a company event! What’s YOUR favorite carol?
- 21 – Humbug Day. Don’t be a Scrooge! Turn that frown upside-down, and do something wonderful for someone today! It’ll bring out the spirit in both of you!
- 23 – Festivus. Don’t want to take part in the commercial holiday hustle and bustle? That’s why Festivus was created! Enjoy a laugh by watching (and sharing) this great video from Seinfeld!
- 27 – Make Cut Out Snowflakes Day.Who didn’t love doing this as a kid? Click here for a cool website for making them – VIRTUALLY! (Less mess – still fun!)
As always – we’re here to help! Call us at 866.405.3638 if you need marketing assistance or help placing a postcard order! Click here to see our monthly specials! Click here to register for your free ProspectsPLUS.com account!