Year End Strategies for Maximizing Your Market By Julie Escobar, Corporate Marketing Director Setting the table for a successful new year means starting early for savvy real estate professionals. While much of the competition falls into cruise control, plan holiday parties or simply wait for the economic shift to suit their style, top producers turn up the heat to sweep the market share in their absence.
- Prospect, Promote and Prosper. In changing markets, many agents stop advertising, re-direct their marketing dollars to the year ahead and put their prospecting in park until after the holidays. Stay forward of the competition by continuing to market yourself with creative, consistent, targeted marketing.
- Spread the Holiday Cheer. Make the most of this opportunity to reach out to your client base with face-to-face visits. Choose fifty or so of your top prospects and make plans to visit them. What may seem like a lot of time, can really be broken down into 10 or so contacts per week. Would that be worth a sale or two? Sure it would. Make the calls. Shake hands, bring a card and thank these very important people for their contribution to your career. For those really special clients, bring along a treat for their family table and you’ll find yourself more than their REALTOR® you become a friend.
- Clean Out Your Client Base. Most agents wait until January to truly wade through their client base. Getting an early start means momentum as you head into the New Year when most are still putting away party hats and streamers. If you don’t currently have a means of tracking your clients, visit our site, www.prospectsplus.com for a free BusinessBASE™ client management system. Getting to know your prospects, their families, their needs and their personalities will help you build long term, solid relationships that bring you current listings and sales as well as referrals that will build your book of business throughout your career.
- Live and Learn. What a tremendous time to be a professional salesperson. Never before in history has education, skill-building and growth as an agent or as a person been more simple or accessible. How fortunate we are to have internet, 24/7 that allows us to tap in, download, read, discuss and explore ways to improve our life skills personally and professionally. Make it a goal this quarter and coming year to consistently fine tune who you are and what you do.
- Implement Systems for Success. New agents run on adrenaline, nerve and sheer exhaustive energy. Experience gives us the insight to set systems in place to plan now for a successful year ahead. Calendar your direct marketing for the months to come, implement your BusinessBASE™ to insure ongoing, automated contact with your clients, and employ creative campaigns throughout the year that will differentiate you from your competition. In a shifting market, systems simplify your life, keep you on track and maximize your market share through consistent, results producing planning. They allow you to focus on the revenue based activities that are your strength, prospecting, presenting and closing without expending energy on deciding each day, each week what your course of action should be. Our Master Marketing Schedule™ makes this process easy with 24 months of innovative marketing campaigns.
- Fall in Love With What You Do. The secret of success is historically based in finding your niche and enjoying every minute of it. Whatever your passion, whatever demographic of the industry lights your fire, run with it, own it and allow it to empower your prospecting with determination and enthusiasm. This season, as you give thanks for your many blessings, your family and your friends, take stock in the incredible opportunity you have to set your own pace, create your own calendar and charter your own course for financial freedom.
Inevitably, there will be down time this holiday season. You’ll have days strung together to re-charge, re-connect and realize your strength as you approach the fourth quarter and the year ahead. Make it magical. Take this time to set your sights on new goals, family dreams and incredible new opportunities. Whether it is a much needed vacation, new family car or boat, include your family’s goals when creating your budget and marketing plan, so they not only know why you are negotiating into the evening and weekends, they support you. Your goals are their goals. Their goals are yours. Set the table this month for a bountiful year end and a resolute momentum heading into January. Balancing success, life and market twists and turns takes practice to be sure. With the right systems, tools and training, you can and will find your stride. We’re here if you need us! For more ideas on how you can continuously impact your market area, visit our website at www.prospectsplus.com. Sign up for our monthly Master Marketing Newsletter™ which is filled with innovative and creative ways to ensure your prospecting is both fun and effective! If you need help building the success strategy that’s best for you, ask about our Personal Marketing Assistant Program – it’s just the extra hands you need to gear up for the new year. Have questions or ideas you would like to share? Call Julie at 866.405.3641.