With Special Guest Todd Robertson
There are three ways to get business as a professional REALTOR®:
- Wait for the business
- Buy the business
- Put systems in place to go out and get the business
For today’s topic let’s focus on number three because this will help you have a more profitable and predictable real estate business.
We only get stronger in life when we challenge ourselves, push ourselves, and stretch ourselves. Imagine going to the gym – that would be a good start for a lot of us–right? But which rep gives us the best result the first one or the tenth? Answer? The eleventh! So how does this relate to our real estate business and what is Emotional Muscle?
Emotional muscle means keeping your word with yourself. It means making those two extra calls when nobody is watching. It means stopping by that FSBO’s house today on the way home. If you really want more listings now. If you are ready to separate yourself from the competition. If you are ready to build emotional muscle in your business consider doing one or all of the following during the next five days because it’s time to Defy the Odds. Set New Standards and Step Up.
Here are five ways you can do just that:
* Go knock on 50 doors in the geographical area you wish to own. Let them know that you are on a “30-Day Campaign” to help sellers get the most money in the shortest period of time. Real estate door hangers are a great compliment to your canvassing.
* This week visit every Expired, Withdrawn Listing and FSBO in your immediate area. Tell them, “If you are still serious about selling your home, nobody will do more in the next 30 days to get your home sold.” Then ask for the listing.
* Sign up for a long-term marketing campaign such as the Market Dominator, a powerful farming tool that gets you noticed, branded, and helps you to win a 20% market share in an area over two years. And, when secured by a marketing partner, as other top agents around the country are doing – you’ll literally pay little to no money for the program. Watch our recent webinar on demand here.
* Phone all of your past client/ center of influence clients. Let them know you are on a 30- day campaign to help people sell their home while getting the most money in the shortest period of time and ask if they know anyone who’s thought about selling their home now or in the near future.
* Stand on the street corner for a full day, twirling a sign that reads “Need to sell your house? I’m in real estate. I can help!”
All right, obviously that last one was meant to be fun – (another critical component to success). But the truth is, if we don’t stretch ourselves, get out of our comfort zones and do some things differently we become one of the masses vs. the few who stand out in our industry. The tide has turned. Listings are now, have always been, and will always be the name of the game. The old 80/20 in the area of sales and marketing is now 93/7 in the real estate arena. Meaning there has never been an easier time in the history of real estate to separate yourself from the competition than right now. You have to be ready. You have to be hungry and your have to be open to building Emotional Muscle.