A Picture is Worth a Thousand….
by Julie Escobar
Why do some listings command their list price or higher when others don’t? How did Airbnb go from struggling start-up to a billion dollar business? Why do some homes sell without a buyer ever setting foot on the property? Why do some agents shine as high-end professionals in a market filled with tough competitors? Two words: Photography and Marketing.
Did you know that according to Redfin, Inc., listings with professional, high-end photographs can sell between $934 and $116,076 higher, (measuring the difference between asking and final price) over listings with amateur photography or cell phone photos? Or that according to researchers at the Institute of Behavioral and Experimental Real Estate at Old Dominion University, more than 95% of online listing viewers viewed the first photo, showing the exterior of the home—for a total of 20 seconds. After which their eyes flit all over the screen, followed by 76% landing on the property description.
Photography and marketing, what a powerful combination – right? So how are YOU capitalizing on BOTH? Top agents do what they do best — prospect, present, and close. They delegate the rest so they can stay focused on the activities that are closest to their revenue line AND have a life. In terms of presenting their listings in the best possible light, they turn to professional photographers with the mad skills to capture the home’s best features that can then be used in their print and online marketing.
We know that 92% of home buyer and sellers start their search online. We also know that 79% of consumers open their mail daily. So using an online property tour with a simple url with amazing professional photography is a priority. As is telling consumers in the neighborhoods that YOU specialize in how to find exactly what they are looking for without the search by delivering new listing information (complete with top-quality photos) to their mailboxes.
We’ve developed a powerful new Image Series of postcards to help you spotlight those new listings — and help you get NEW listings that are quick to order, affordable, and make your listings look like the feature properties they are!
Take these seven quick steps to spotlight your next listing:
- Choose from one of 16 image series postcard templates showcasing one-four property photos in a variety of colors
- Add a great headline and description
- Add a custom property url if you have one and get them out to the consumers in the neighborhoods you are marketing sooner (directly after the listing) rather than later
- Consider adding a direct response offer such as a Free List of Homes, Free Comparative Market Analysis, or any of the many downloadable free reports we have available on our site at no cost
- Send to your list or use our MapMyMail option to choose a list that’s right for you
- Follow up by sending Just Sold cards when your listings sell
- Be sure to check out our Specials page for budget-saving promo codes before you order
Helping agents just like you become the resource to call in your marketplace is our passion. If you need assistance, know that our marketing team is a call away. You can reach them at 866.405.3638.