By Julie Escobar
I know, I know, summer’s barely over – and it’s not 4th quarter yet. But it’s CLOSE. I checked the countdown and there’s a little better than 100 days left to the year. It’s funny to think that what you do today – this week – this month will affect whether you and your family will celebrate a stress-free holiday season and finish the year strong, or whether you’ll be worried and hurried and wind up with more year left than budget! With just over 100 days left in the year – let’s take some ideas from the top producers and look at the five things they continuously put into place to guarantee a great fourth quarter.
- Know your numbers. Savvy entrepreneurs already know how much business they need to bring in before year’s end. They also think ahead – and know what they need to do to head into the new year with momentum. Don’t wait another day to get a handle these numbers if you haven’t already. Figure out what you want and need to make and how many listings you want to have heading into the year then work the math to see how many contacts you need to make to get the number of appointments you need based on your closing ratio to achieve the number of listings you need to realize your goals. Make yourself a daily chart to ensure that you stay on track.
- Leverage the opportunities to connect. The fourth quarter is filled with holiday gatherings and neighborhood invites. The holidays create an amazing reason to reach out and connect with your customer base. Call every existing customer you have and wish them a happy holiday season ahead. Let them know that with all the chatter in the national news and even local headlines, you’ve found that many people have questions about how this will affect their family, their investments and their future. Be sure they know that you’re on top if it all and there to answer any questions they might have.
- Ask for referrals. Before you hang up – be sure to ask your clients if they know of anyone who might need some help. There’s plenty of people struggling – unsure of what their options are in today’s market – let them know you are a resource they can turn to – whatever their situation. If you don’ t have the immediate answers –you’re your clients know that you’ll be first in line to get them.
- Don’t leave your marketing to chance. Automate the processes for your marketing – both for the short term and the long term. Life gets in the way sometime – no doubt. We get busy, over-scheduled and over-committed – especially as we make our way toward the winter holidays. That’s when things like marketing and prospecting fall through the cracks or take a back seat. Put a plan in place today to make sure that you have all systems “go” to make sure you are staying top-of-mind and that your listings are being showcased and syndicated in all the ways that matter for great exposure and results. Take a few minutes to check out the Master Marketing Schedule, see if any of those action steps resonate with where you want your business to be, then get a campaign started to your sphere and farm. You even have an option to drop the calendar right into your Outlook, Apple or Google calendars. And if you’re ready to kick your marketing up to the next level – head over the www.GettingListingsSold.com and take the tour of products and services offered there. In under 15 minutes you can syndicate your listing to hundreds of websites, download your ready-to-print property flyers, lead generating business cards, send your sign rider pdf (complete with SMS service and QR code) to your local printer to be printed, post your Craigslist Ad and view your single property website. When time is of the essence – it’s great to know where you can get everything in one place! Or our MLSmailing.com product which automates your Just Listed/Just Sold marketing – so you don’t even have to think about it! Knocking out your marketing in under half an hour gives you a lot more time to prospect, present and close – the three things closest to your bottom line. It also helps you make up for larger than normal volume of downtime you’ll spend at holiday activities. Spend guilt-free time with friends and family, attend winter recitals and holiday concerts without worrying so much about what’s not getting done in the office. If you need help – call the terrific folks in our client care center at 866.405.3638 – they’ll help you get everything all lined up this month so you slide into the home stretch of this year without stress.
- Commit to the extra mile. I love the Wayne Dyer quote, “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.” Commit to 10 extra calls a day over the next 17 weeks. Even if you are taking the Tim Ferriss approach and working a 4-day workweek, that’s 680 additional calls that will bring you closer to new customers, clients, contracts, and closings between now and the end of the year. Do you think that could be worth a commission or three…or more?
The truth is that the bottom 80% of the salespeople in our industry won’t be doing these five things over the next quarter. Many will look at how far behind they already are from their goal, throw their hands up and give up. Many will do the basics – no more and no less and continue to live commission check to commission check. It will be those of you who strike out, step up and stay laser-focused who will be out on top this year – and kick off 2015 by storm.
Where do you want to be in four months? Top 20 or bottom 80? What you do this month will make all the difference.
If you need help – call us. Our team has been helping eager agents get to the next level and top producers stay on top for more than 20 years. We can do the same for you – just shoot us an email or call 866.405.3638 today!