With Just 100+ Days Left in the Year…Timing is Everything
By Julie Escobar
It’s funny to think that what you do today – this week – this month will affect whether you and your family will celebrate a stress-free holiday season and finish the year strong, or whether you’ll be worried and hurried and wind up with more year left than budget! With just over 100 days left in the year – let’s take some ideas from the top producers and look at the five things they continuously put into place to guarantee a great fourth quarter.
- Know your numbers. Savvy entrepreneurs already know how much business they need to bring in before year’s end. They also think ahead – and know what they need to do to head into the new year with momentum. Don’t wait another day to get a handle these numbers if you haven’t already. Figure out what you want and need to make and how many listings you want to have heading into the year then work the math to see how many contacts you need to make to get the number of appointments you need based on your closing ratio to achieve the number of listings you need to realize your goals. Make yourself a daily chart to ensure that you stay on track.
- Leverage the opportunities to connect. The fourth quarter is filled with holiday gatherings and neighborhood invites. The holidays create an amazing reason to reach out and connect with your customer base. Don’t wait for Christmas either! Be the agent that connects all season long with a postcard and a call. Call every existing customer you have and wish them a happy holiday season ahead. Let them know that with all the chatter in the national news and even local headlines, you’ve found that many people have questions about how this will affect their family, their investments and their future. Be sure they know that you’re on top if it all and there to answer any questions they might have.
- Ask for referrals. Before you hang up – be sure to ask your clients if they know of anyone who might need some help. There’s plenty of people struggling and unsure of what their options are in today’s market. Let them know you are a resource they can turn to – whatever their situation. If you don’ t have the immediate answers –you’re your clients know that you’ll be first in line to get them. On the reverse side of your holiday cards, make an offer for something of value. A free Comparative Market Analysis, or one of our great free reports such as 5 Ways to Build Equity in Your Home.
- Don’t leave your marketing to chance. Life gets in the way sometime – no doubt. We get busy, over-scheduled and over-committed – especially as we make our way toward the fall and winter holidays. That’s when things like marketing and prospecting fall through the cracks or take a back seat. Put a plan in place today to make sure that you have all systems “go” to make sure you are staying top-of-mind and that your listings are being showcased and syndicated in all the ways that matter for great exposure and results. Set aside 20-30 minutes at the beginning of each month or each week to set your marketing in motion by ordering your holiday postcards, and your Just Listed/Just Sold or Open House postcards. Knocking out your marketing in under half an hour gives you a lot more time to prospect, present and close – the three things closest to your bottom line. It also helps you make up for larger than normal volume of downtime you’ll spend at holiday activities. Spend guilt-free time with friends and family, attend winter recitals and holiday concerts without worrying so much about what’s not getting done in the office. If you need help – call the terrific folks in our client care center at 866.405.3638 – they’ll help you get everything all lined up this month so you slide into the home stretch of this year without stress.
- Commit to the extra mile. I love the Wayne Dyer quote, “It’s never crowded along the extra mile.” Commit to 10 extra calls a day over the next 17 weeks. Commit to adding just ONE new person to your prospect list each day. That’s 109 more folks that can and will bring you new business and referrals in the coming year if you stay top of mind. Do you think that could be worth a commission or three…or more?
The truth is that the bottom 80% of the salespeople in our industry won’t be doing any of these five things over the next quarter. Many will look at how far behind they already are from their goal, throw their hands up and give up. Many will do the basics – no more and no less and continue to live commission check to commission check. It will be those of you who strike out, step up and stay laser-focused who will be out on top this year, crushing their goals and kick starting 2017 with a fiery passion.
If you need help – call us. Our team has been helping eager agents get to the next level and top producers stay on top for more than 20 years. We can do the same for you, call 866.405.3638 today! Head over to our Specials Page to see what’s new and get the latest budget saving promo codes!