by Julie Escobar
If there’s a tool that’s literally been ‘around the block’ (probably millions of them to date!) it’s the Real Estate Door Hanger. Why? They work. They catch attention. They a great reason to canvas. And they are an easy-to-use leave-behind for potential clients.
Many agents are eager to get back out and work their neighborhood farms this month so we thought we’d share a few strategic tips other agents are using to help garner more listings and increase their market share.
1. Content is key. One series of door hanger that’s really popular with agents right now is the Listing Inventory Series, designed specifically to help agents find more sellers. But we also have hangers for FSBO’s and Expireds, which are handy to have in the car when you come across a FSBO that just popped up, or see an expired come off the market that’s close by. You can use them to brand yourself, spotlight a new listing, advertise an open house. The possibilities are endless! Get creative!
2. Include a call to action. Many times, agents will put a lot of time and energy into getting their message just right, and forget to direct their prospects as to what they want them to do. With ANY marketing piece, always be sure to have a call to action that’s simple and direct!
3. Keep them readily available. Many savvy agents keep a ‘rolling tool chest’ in their trunk. Filled with the forms they need on the fly, objection handling brochures, extra business cards, listing agreements, presentation folders, and door hangers. That way they, just like the scouts, are ‘always prepared’.
4. Going door to door? Know how many homes are in the neighborhood you are canvassing, but don’t try to do it all at one time if you are flying solo. You can visit our EDDM page here and look for the link on the right to choose your carrier route. Even if you’re planning to use the door hangers and not Every Door Direct Mail – this is a handy tool to find out how many homes are in a given area so you’re sure to order enough door hangers! Wear your name badge, some comfortable shoes and your best smile and get out and meet some people!
5. Timing is everything. If you want to just get the hangers on the door without ACTUALLY talking to very many people, mornings (right after people leave for work) are good. If shaking hands and making connections with potential sellers and buyers than early evening is good after people have made their way home.
6. Make a block party of it! Get a group together! Take your team along for the day and break the canvassing up in a grid to lighten the load. Start at your local Starbucks for a caffeine fuel first and share your door hangers with the customers there!
7. A little PRE-canvas legwork. If you are planning deliver door hangers to a neighborhood or neighborhoods, it’s a good call to warm things up a little by sending postcards with your name, picture and information first. That way when you are meeting face-to-face, consumers will be more likely to recognize you and realize you’re there as the ‘neighborhood expert.’ If you’re using the listing inventory door hangers, we have Listing Inventory Postcards that compliment them nicely. Find them here!
These are just a few great ways agents are making door hangers part of their marketing plan. They are a great addition to your spring or fall marketing – because of their low cost and high impact.
From Your Desktop Computer You Can Browse All Our Door Hanger Templates by Visiting: Prospectsplus.com/DoorHangers
Need help? Give our team a call at 800.287.5710 or click through to see the variety of terrific options for Real Estate Door Hangers that we have to offer!